Orlando Florida is the Worlds #1 Family Vacation Destination for one fabulous reason: Walt Disney World! We also like it for Sea World, here are my tips for a great vacation!
- Cheap Luxury Orlando Lodging: Condos are a dime a dozen in Orlando, and there are usually great deals for those who have family affiliated with RCI, check out their “extra vacations”. We stayed at a luxury 2 bedroom, condo for a week for a grand total of $225! We stayed at Orange Lake – fabulous pools, entertainment, golf, sandy beach, arcade, indoor playground. The only drawback was that the resort was so large, we had to drive to the “good pool”. Orange Lake even had campfires two nights of the seven, providing a guitar player for sing along, marshmallows, fabulous sticks, chocolate and graham crackers and milk! If you are considering buying an Orlando condo, see the last piece below.
- SeaWorld: The best shows are the dolphin show and the shamu show. The seal show was fabulous as well. Get to the seal show early as the mime that entertains the crowds before the show is fabulous! If you are in a large group and go to Orlando often, get the annual pass upgrade. The driver of the group should get the “gold Upgrade” as that includes free parking.
- Dolphin Feeding: If you go during feeding time at SeaWorld spring for the $5 for three little fish for the kids, it’s a thrill of a lifetime and don’t worry about getting a great shot, you won’t, you are not in the right spot, instead let SeaWorlds’ photographers take the picture they get great shots everytime!
- SeaWorld Shows: Sit front and center at least six rows up for best viewing in the shows.
- If you go in December – bring equal parts warm weather clothes to cold weather clothes. It killed me to buy hats, gloves and scarves in Florida when I had six pairs each in NY!
- Disney: The best view of the fireworks is in front of Cinderella’s castle on Main Street.
- Always losing the keys? Hook room key and rental car keys to a lanyard for your neck for easy access.
- Disney’s Magical Christmas Party is worth every single penny! Order your tickets online before you leave.
- RCI TIMESHARES: Think twice before buying into RCI, often the maintenance fees of condos are low the first years, then grow to exceed the cost of a normal vacation. When you want to go to the many fabulous destinations that they tell you that you can exchange for, the nice ones are NEVER available. The people at RCI are rude and I have had nothing but trouble with them. However, if you know someone who has been unfortunate enough to buy into a condo, you can greatly profit as there are many unused condos in Orlando and extra vacations are cheap for friends with “guest certificates”.