Disney Cruise – Eastern Caribbean Travel Tips
Photos of Cat 3 Suite — Photos of Vacation
- Bring battery chargers & extra batteries for cameras.
- Sand bucket & shovels for beaches. (See complete packing list)
- Buy the “value pack of photos” in the beginning for the pro shots. Every time you see a photographer make sure get at least 1 shot. You will love their crisp and clear pictures.
- Don’t bring Beach towels – they are supplied.
- Don’t miss the first night or the last nights shows they are the best – or the sail away party and Pirate party! Disney Dreams was a great show. Have your video camera ready for the send off show.
- 3 year olds who do not have daycare may not be ready for the Oceaneer’s club without mommy and daddy (at least ours wasn’t) that didn’t negatively effect our trip – we had a great time with her with us at all times.
- Next to the icecream shop near Mickey’s pool is the best place for fresh tropical fruit and healthy snacks (it’s a little hidden – tons of perfectly ripe mangoes!
- Never go to dinner without your camera. The characters are always mid-ship and ready for photo ops.
- Book popular excursions before getting on ship – like the dolphin adventure.
- At St. Maarten – don’t do the beach excursion, get off the cruise ship and take a taxi instead. It will save lots of money. Do buy from the people on the beach. Know how many gifts you need and for whom and take care of everyone in one shot. You can really negotiate the price of gifts on the beach.
- St. Maarten has a great supermarket where you can buy, quite cheaply, anything you forgot – Champagne, dental floss, diapers – they have it all. You can easily walk to the shopping rather than take a taxi, if you are adventurous, 1 mile.
- Dad loved the ESPN lounge. Buying a souvenir mug there entitles you to get an extra large beer for the price of a smaller one.
- Dad & Grandma love to cook and loved the cooking classes each morning. A must for the cook of the family and the samples were tasty.
- My daughter’s favorite part was dancing with Mickey at the pool. (This was a highlight for Mom, also). Room Service is free, so if you have late seating for breakfast feel free to order coffee, juices, whatever, in your room early each A.M.
For a land vacation at Disney World, I have not yet taken that trip… I have been researching my vacation and find: www.mousesavers.com and www.wdwmagic.com as useful sites.